ACVE - Short term 3-16 weeksIf you are short on time but would still love to volunteer, then we are delighted to offer you the ACVE short term programme.
In collaboration with our project partners in Costa Rica, Uganda, Vietnam, Indonesia, Mozambique and Kenya Aotearoa Cultural & Volunteer Exchange will work with you to design your own personal international volunteering programme. This will include a placement with a fantastic opportunity to travel off the beaten track and immerse yourself in the culture of your chosen country.
Not only will you have the opportunity to explore parts of the world that you have always dreamed of visiting, but you will be able to make a real difference while you are there, in whatever capacity you choose.
You can depart New Zealand any time of the year for a minimum of 3 weeks to 4 months.
Your short-term programme includes:
- Personal consultation with ACVE staff to select your host project and build your cultural and adventure travel itinerary
- Full board and lodging at your host project
- Pick up from the airport, transfer and introduction to your host project and accommodation (host family or hostel/onsite)
- Orientation meeting with ICYE staff in your chosen country to learn about all about the culture, travel, money, the ICYE programme and information about your host project and host family
- Intensive language lessons taught by experienced teachers to help you develop the necessary vocabulary, speaking and comprehension skills for a successful volunteer experience
- A dedicated person from ICYE in country who will be your contact for the whole duration of your programme in case you need assistance, available 24/7
- Logistical and emotional support from friendly experienced ICYE staff teams who are passionate about helping you to make the most of your experience
- Certificate of participation
- Transport to the airport when you are ready to return to New Zealand.
Our project partners have over 30 years of experience in working with international volunteer exchange programmes.
Costa Rica lies sandwiched between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans in Central America and, despite its small size, is one of the most biodiverse areas on the planet. Cloud forests, tropical beaches, volcanoes, mangrove swamps and rainforests support a fascinating variety of wildlife. Relax on a beautiful beach, surf world famous waves, go whitewater rafting, trekking through National Parks, or climb through the mysterious Cloud Forests. Costa Ricans or “Ticos” have a vibrant, Latin American culture with a great love of carnivals, food, fiestas, music and salsa dancing. Pura Vida!
Commonly known as the Pearl of Africa, Uganda is home to the highest mountain range in Africa, the Mountains of the Moon in the Rwenzori National Park. It is the source of the mighty Nile and has the highest concentration of primates on earth, including the majestic mountain gorilla, one of the rarest animals on the planet. The beautiful national parks see far fewer visitors than in neighbouring Kenya and Tanzania, and the capital, Kampala, is safer and friendlier than most in Africa. Uganda has a very strong cultural heritage with many regions having their own Kingdoms and tribes. Ugandan people are warm, friendly, big-hearted and welcoming and love to share their art, handicrafts, food, music and dance with visitors.
There are many different projects to choose from. Please contact the ACVE team for an updated list.
Want to volunteer in New Zealand? Click here to find out more information about joining the ACVE international volunteering team.
Click here to read more about applying to become an international volunteer with ACVE.